Friday, April 20, 2012

Yikes, A Mouse

I thought I would write since I can't sleep. I have been up for awhile. I went to bed to early yesterday and have been up since about 3am. The cat has me in sheer panic as she caught a mouse in the kitchen and let it go in the living room. It isn't dead and she is hunting all over the house for it. Mice I'm terrible afraid of and will make me scream like a little girl. If you know me or have seen me it seems very stupid and very unlike me to be upset with such a small creature.

We live in the country so we get some visits from a mouse or two once in awhile and I should be used to it by now but I'm not. Part of me is scared she injured that thing and it is going to die somewhere and stink to high hell.

Lets see what has been going on? Not much but it does seem like this week has gone in a fog. I have been trying to get more things done even if I backslide on some days. I have made important appointments which I have been neglecting. One is to get the brakes fixed. They sound so terrible. Been putting it off till  we have more money but it isn't going to wait. Tried like hell to find my battery charger for my camera also but it seems to been lost with the remodel. So reordered a new one. Hopefully, it will get here fast as I'm in the mood to take pictures lately. I do though have my dslr. Which , I need to practice more on since I'm lousy with it. Got the flamingos out and actually pick up the back yard of most of it's debree since winter. The snow has been gone for about a month now. Changed those pesky pot lights also. Two of them where out and made it very dim in the kitchen. Finally fixed one of the clocks in the living room that chime every half hour and hour. It sounded like a dying cow before I changed the battery. Made a order of a whole rear portion of beef also when I stopped in at the butcher to get some of the most wonderful steaks. That order should last us into next year.

The sun has been elusive except for about two days. Had a nice cook out one day with those fresh steaks and enjoyed the sun. It has been wacky weather. One day it is warm then the next day we have flurries. I just want some sun as I thrive when it is sunny. I want to golf badly but next weeks forecast is terrible. I wanted to go Tuesday since it is my birthday. I still really don't have plans for that except that day it is suppose to rain then snow. Maybe, the forecast will change. I don't really want anything for my birthday as I have pretty much what I want. I guess if I could have something it would be for my brain to behave for awhile.  Also, to finally to get out of this rut once and for all. I'm struggling with it. I keep trying to tell myself to just plug on and in time I will come out of it like I usually do. I should generally be hypomanic this time of year. Rushing around and doing everything and buying god knows what. I haven't except a clock to replace the broken one in the kitchen. It is an Alice and Wonderland clock that says We are all Mad here. She is talking to the Cheshire Cat .
So fitting for my household.

9 comments:

  1. I live out in the country too, but with 5 cats. I've gotten used to the variety of dead, partially dead and still alive critters that they all bring in. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After three hours of playing with it. I yelled for J to take it away from her and flush it! I really need to work on my mouse phobia and get another cat that will kill it and not play around with it. I would just die a thousand deaths if My cat brought in trophys for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your mouse experience. And I hope your life lights up a bit, especially in time for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep waiting on my mania while trying to control its onset as well. One of these days I'll wake up in the middle of the night and start making things in my shop - wake the whole family and be crazed. - Jhon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jhon, actually wrote that promised letter today. You made me smirk at the thought of you doing what you describe.
    @rob- thanks the mouse did get flushed down the toilet. I'm insane when it comes to a mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clock, love the flamingos! They would make me smile everytime I looked out the window! I hate mice too. When I loved on a farm with my ex, they were often getting into the house, much to our cat's delight, and my horror. Nothing is less fun than opening up a kitchen drawer to be greeted by a scurrying mouse and yet another turn of rewashing everything in the drawer... mice are sooo dirty with all the droppings and pee! I finally got busy and did steel wool and duct tape in every crack/crevice, opening, pipe gap I could find to seal things up. Presto... no more mice! That was wonderful, since the last one they caught they left as a present right outside my bedroom door. If I had walked out in the dark of night to get a drink of water I would have stepped on it! I know they meant well but ewwwww!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get on the holes Josie! I have a not hate but real phobia of them. I really never need to see one again. Plus we get these things called voles. Probaly the least of my worries when we get bears and other dangerous wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you and I get what you're saying. Hope your birthday is excellent. Do what you like and to hell with everyone else. I did the shopping thing today (Goodwill). Curtains that my husband won't like but I am going to be strong and tell him....tough shit. As for pets bringing you gifts......our dog - put to sleep in July -brought us a baby bird. She was a trained hunting dog and she had it gently in her mouth. It wasn't hurt. Then there's my daughter. Her Australian Shepard herded up a rabbit and their Spaniel killed it. Brought it to Dawn, hewas all covered in blood. She was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it has taken me a while to get here no excuse, I hope you had a great birthday I love birthdays I do not think of it as getting older just wiser......lol The Alice in Wonderland Clock sounds cool......

    ReplyDelete