Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another Mixed Day

Grr. I can't get this to edit or spell check. I guess I will edit it and spell check it later.

I really didn't want to blog but it has been awhile. The reason why I didn't want to blog is I feel like I sound like a broken record and I much don't have anything much to say. I'm trudging along in my mixed mood. It isn't all bad as I don't have that paralyzed feeling I often get being mixed where I don't do anything except watch TV and play on the computer. I don't have much drive though and when I make myself do something I often have hyper focus. Or I'm just totally scattered not knowing what direction I should take during the day. My routine is so off at the moment. I do try though if I can remember what to do. I used to have everything wrote down for occasions like this how I do each task and didn't have to think about how to get through a task. When I get back out of this mood I shall write down my lack of routine or routine on how I do things around the house and what I need to do. Things, I need to keep up etc. Many things get forgot during this period of time. Many things lack attention to detail also. I guess it is my lack of concentration. I'm generally not like this.

I'm still waiting on word about how much it is going to cost us to remodel. The guy said he would get back to us next week well it is next week and a little past. It has been about 8-9 days if I remember right. It pisses me off as I have to plan everything to the money. Money and lack of money for this is a big stressor for me at the moment.

Another stressor is my dog is failing and I'm going to have to put him to sleep. I don't know when as when I was thinking and writing an e-mail to a friend I thought maybe this week by describing his condition. Well, Mr. Brett, surprised me yesterday and had a very good day and managed to wake us only twice . Once in the middle of the night and morning when I generally wake up. Damn, this dog isn't going to make it easy. Most days though he has been not himself and his bad days are starting to really catch up with him. I will play it by ear. I do think he can't possible make it till next month and it would be something if he could make it without suffering. That is wishful thinking though and I will deal with this and not fall apart. I have had this dear dog for almost 12 years. He has been to hell and back with me. Thick and thin. He is also my dear friend and has travelled with me over the years. He has travelled more than most people have. Basically, he is my loyal companion that never has judge me in the almost 12 years I have had him during my illness. That says a lot as many people have left my life in this time period because they didn't want to be around me anymore. Some have left because they are deceased. His life span has brought much change in my life and not all for the better. Most of all I will miss my running buddy. As, a Brittany he really loved to run and would work me out and as a younger dog run me or drag me and give me the exercise I needed twice a day at one time.
He will be missed and I have wonderful and not so wonderful memories of him. He was not the best behaved dog and a hand-full most of his life. He makes me shake my head. He has grown to be a fine dog though.

I don't know what I will do today. Probably some cleaning around the house. I never lack anything to do around the house. I also have a new spin bike that I need to make room for. I need to get J to put that thing together. I need to stay busy and get what I can get done. I'm always afraid the other shoe will drop and I will be in a dark deep funk. I always try to prepare for my funks but most of the time fail to prepare the best. I just can't allow myself to go there again. I will do anything not to get to that point.

3 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry to hear about your dog....that is so sad. I do hope you stay above the depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. Your beloved dog. What a stress that can be.

    Blessings and Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your dog. :( I can't imagine life being like that with my little pup. That just sucks so much. *hugs*

    I know exactly what you're saying there, about not allowing yourself to get to that point. And here is going to be a ridiculous pep talk from me and you'll either love me for it or hate me for it. But I promise I'm being totally genuine here, Kristy. In thinking about you and what you have said, I can see that right now you're where you're at and you know what it is to slide into the black. And it feels close but you have enough strength and stubbornness to know that you WILL fight and CAN win. So just don't forget that. You're fighting... and you CAN win. You have fought so well despite all your circumstances and though you have your hardships, you haven't sunk and you won't. It's against your nature. I have come to know that about you. I believe that we, as people who have struggled the hugest awfulest mental fights ever, can pull out just one bit at a time with a ton of courage and perseverance. Eventually, there can be an end to the tunnel. It's hard to find. But it exists. And you are the kind of person who will find it. Because you and me have some stuff in common. I have faith in you, Kristy!

    ReplyDelete