Monday, May 31, 2010

All Tied Up

I haven't realized how much tension I have been carrying around until I had a real bad headache yesterday and a panic attack. My head is still tender from the headache and my muscles have felt like big knots this morning when I woke up. I woke up and decided I needed to do some meditation and stretching to get some of the tension and anxiety out of my body. I even did some imagery of where I draw some numbers in my head to clear it. It put my body and mind at ease doing some of these things. I need to probably get more exercise to break up more of the tension but my head still throbs a little. It seems the more it throbs the more I get anxious and the more my body goes into a huge tangled knot. I haven't had one of these attacks since around March when I went skiing. I know I need to relax more and that is easier said than done. I feel very overwhelmed lately with life in general because I have let everything go in my depressed state. I logical know I need to break it down into small task and not over think things. I think to much and sometimes I just need to do things and not think myself out of things. If that makes any sense. Today, I will not ask myself why, why, why, and self analysis about anything and do what I can and not beat myself up for what I'm not doing. I will take extra breathes today and practice some relaxation methods to start destressing so I can become productive and active.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I had a period of about a year of going through this. I knew the cause - a broken relationship - there was more to it but I guess that was the trigger. It's a difficult thing to get through - make no mistake.

    And I can't say I have any special tips on how I got my head out of that place. I watched a lot of movies, comedies, read a lot - gardened. Mostly just tried to focus on things I love, no matter how small.

    I wish you luck.

    Writer Chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It is a wierd place and staying distracted helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete